jeudi 26 mars 2015

How to force client reload after deployment?


I'm using the MEAN stack (mongo, express, angular and node). I'm deploying relatively frequently to production...every couple of days. My concern is that I'm changing the client side code and the API at times and I would rather not have to ensure backwards compatibility of the API with previous versions of the client code.


In such a scenario, what is the most effective way of ensuring that all clients reload when I push to production? I have seen that Evernote for example has a pop-up that says something along the lines of please reload your browser for the latest version of Evernote. I would like to do something similiar...do I need to go down the path of socket.io or sock.js or am I missing something simple and there is a simpler way to achieve this?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire